Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Changes....

I just read this darling post in my niece's blog and it made me really stop and think! Boy, if there is one thing I can be certain of in my life, it is change! I began being a person who resisted change. After all, I like the security and peace of having everything in my life as predicatable as possible. With that being said, my life has been loaded with changes and I have learned not only to adapt quickly but to also embrace and enjoy this wonderful journey....

My Life!

I can't imagine living, choosing and experiencing anything less than I have because of the inability to accept change and go, learn and grow with it! My perspective has been broadened and deepened in ways I could have never imagined years ago. My empathy, understanding and love for others has grown. My convictions have become challenged, shaped and stronger and my heart has softened and become more forgiving, loving and accepting.

What if I had kept myself from growing with my changes, remained imovable and stuck? What kind of person would I have become? Bitter, depressed, resentful?

I am so grateful for the experiences, good and yes, even the challenging ones that have shaped me into the person I am today and the person who continues to learn and grow from her many life experiences. I am so thankful for my family, every single one of them! They are growing quickly! Sometimes, I pick up a piece of their past, a too small shoe or artwork, a photo or card and I realize that my heart holds memories that will never be replaced! They are mine and, with each one of those people, will remain the unchangeable constants in my life.

I love this quote from our dear prophet, Pres. Monson who, as usual, has a way of insightfully stating how I feel......

"The past is behind, learn from it.
The future is ahead, prepare for it.
The present is here, live it!"

No comments:

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...