Saturday, January 8, 2011

Renewal....

....and that's what a I love about January. I have yet to get to the end of a year and feel like I have totally accomplished everything I set out to do however, I have also yet to get to the end of a year and feel incomplete either. Christmas is such a beautiful way to end the year. The promise of hope, love, forgiveness, sharing, acceptance, etc. is perfect!


Abby, Bryce, Hallie, Nathan, Joshua and Jesse at Temple Square
 

Bryce and Mary at Temple Square...so beautiful!

On the way to see the lights at temple square, the fog started to settle in. It made everything look even more beautiful!
 Then we lead right into January....Renewal. A time for goals, routine, organization and with that being said, I am re-committing myself to blogging because I really love reading the past posts and I am amazed at how much I really would have forgotten had I not written it down and what a shame to forget these days of my life that are full of so much love, chaos, craziness, excitement, hope and joy. Megan likes to pick a word to focus on for the year. I am not quite sure what that would be for me. So many would be so perfect. I will give that some more thought.

Christmas was wonderful. The entire season. A darling family in our ward added to the magic by doing the 12 days of Christmas to us. It was so much FUN each night receiving, anticipating their next step and trying to "catch them" (discretely, of course). I will confess that one night, determined to find out who our secret friends were, I camped out in Hallie's room. I waited with the blinds mostly closed. I brought some stuff in there to work on by flashlight! (I know, totally crazy, huh!) Well, that particular night, they skipped us!!! Serves me right! We did arrange a gift basket with some goodies, a story and the nativity movie in it to leave out for our friends on Christmas Eve. So fun! We have been the recipient of so many kindnesses that truly that will be more of focus for me this year...to look for more ways of spreading kindness personally and with my family.

The Croxford 23rd party was a blast. Tara and Scott and their family went all out and made it so much fun. Santa Claus made his appearance and that was so magical. Oh, to see little Josh hiding and peeking from under a chair, so excited and yet so nervous!

Hallie whispered her wishes in his ear.

Nathan approached with courage but I being his mother, could see his nervousness and bravery.
Abby, she kept a distance until I picked her up and sat next to Santa with her on my lap.

Of course, Santa remembered Jesse too!

All the little grand kids were so much fun to watch too!


Kolton with Santa (he was brave too!)



Micah - a little aprehensive, but the gift encouraged him!

Jonah, no problems here, just give him something to chew on and he's fine!

Not too sure about this but I took the picture quickly! He was a good sport!

Santa showered everyone with some special gifts and all the kids were so excited. We feel so grateful to have such wonderful family members. We enjoyed all the activities we were able to enjoy with our own immediate family, in laws and grandkids. The nativity play was so darling. We did it mid month in December and it makes me chuckle to think of it this year. I am doing Joyschool with Megan and so the kids practiced at school and actually went to an elderly care home to perform it which was so cute. The night of the play at our home, we were ready to begin and got everyone's attention, when our entire cast decided they needed to go to the bathroom. We took care of that "business" and then began. Hallie, who was Mary, for some reason was poking and prodding our baby Jesus doll. All the boys wanted to be the "3rd" innkeeper (so we had them in unison offer the stable to Mary and Joseph) then by the time the kings entered, one of them was misssing (Micah) He was playing with some toys in Hallie's room! So original and yet so completely sweet. Oh, and did I mention that the gifts the wisemen brought were gold, "frankenstein" (Josh) and myrrh!!!! How come these silly, funny moments make me tear up when I am sitting here writing about them? Boy, counting  blessings, one by one. Thank you dear Father in Heaven for those special blessings you continue to shower on me in my life. I am eternally grateful.

No comments:

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...